First, why would you use Eventuous instead of rolling out your own library to support Event Sourcing? From our experience, doing that is totally possible, but it's laborious, time-consuming, and prone to failure.
Do you need it?
Watch this video to learn more about the motivation behind Eventuous:
Check out The Right Way to understand how things go wrong sometimes.
If you are convinced that Eventuous is the right tool for you, here are the next steps:
- Read the Prologue to learn what Eventuous provides
- Learn more about the basic building blocks:
- Domain model components
- Persistence for events, and how it differs from the traditional approach
- Application service components
- Subscriptions for event processing (like read models)
- Check sample applications to see how Eventuous is used in practice:
- EventStoreDB sample
- PostgeSQL sample
Eventuous is actively maintained. You can report issues in the GitHub repository.
Ensure you follow the Code of Conduct when interacting with the community. When contributing, please follow the Contributing Guidelines.
Eventuous is open source and licensed under the Apache 2.0 licence.
Support the project by providing sponsorships. Eventuous has sponsor plans for both individuals and companies. You can get paid support for your projects, or just show your appreciation for the project.